Tuesday 19 November 2013

November 19th, 2013


Ok, so I made it. Although I just can't shake this bug/virus thing. Luckily they have flushing loos onsite....too much information?

Anyway, there were around 20 pens of pigs in, loads of doubles. I wrote them down, and at 11.10 I headed round to put some money down at the office. There was a huge queue, I stood for a while but not feeling well and being in a busy office wasn't good so left and stood outside.


One of the dealers stopped and asked how come I wasn't bidding?
"It's not 11.30" says I....
"well they've started" says she.

So I go back round, it's 11.25, and they have already sold 40 lots....
I couldn't work out how they had got through that many until I watched a while; it was a new auctioneer and he was selling 'groups' of pens. So if it said 'buck rabbit' he sold the first and gave an option on the rest.

Regardless of the colours/designs of the inmates!
I'd missed about 10 pens of pigs that were being sold by the dealer we have bought off in the past. Shaz and I have talked it over and decided to avoid buying unless the animal was in distress/pain or heavily pregnant. Few sold, and although it's hard walking away from babies of 4 or 5 weeks old we both feel we are perpetuating the whole game by taking them from her. I also missed 4 lots from another seller, none were ill and I don't know how much they made, but they all sold.

There was a run on himmys from another dealer, this dealer tried to sell me 5 'sows' a few weeks ago, I declined as all but one were boars  The dealer had put a load in, singles and pairs. I bought two sows at £2 each. I actually only bought one, but again, I was asked to buy both lots as the auctioneer was ramming them through. One is about 4 weeks old, the other is about 7/8 weeks old according to her size. I can, I believe, feel babies inside  :(
I also bought 3 boars at £1 each, all very very funky and extremely handsome!
They are here at the moment but will be heading over to Avalon very soon. I *might* just sit a while and recover from the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment