Sunday 11 January 2015

25th March 2014

There were 13 cages of guinea pigs at the auction today; the first 6 lots were single boars. No one was interested so I got 5 out of the 6 at minimum bids. I’m glad I went really, what would have happened to them otherwise? They all look related, Swiss types. I also got a cage of boys, again at minimum bid, and then heart ruled head and I bought two pairs because I didn't want the wrong person to obtain them. Two were Dutch type and are really gentle. The other two are a long haired dark lad and a satin 'rex' type. All are in reasonable health; one or two have scabby patches but nothing appalling, which makes a nice change. No one wanted the piggies today. This is why it’s so important for someone to be there every week to give the mistreated pigs some respite at Avalon, before being adopted into their ‘forever homes’.




No comments:

Post a Comment