Sunday 11 January 2015

15th April 2014

There were about 25 pens of pigs today, and lots more of rabbits. There was nothing pitifully young, old or ill looking, although a couple of pigs had visible fungal infections in their fur. But with it being the school holidays, buying on a day like this is a lottery; once a family has decided that is the pig for them, you don't have a chance! But I'm only there to 'pick up the pieces' as they say so as long as everything sold. I came away with 4 pigs, an adult boy, a young sow who is of rex type, and two tiny boys who are actually extremely gobby! All seem fit and well, I didn't get the cage I was after, two miserable pigs with fungal infections, they had a reserve on and it wasn't my 'friendly' auctioneer who would help me buy unsold animals.





No comments:

Post a Comment