Tuesday 11 March 2014

11th March 2014

Not many lots in today, equal amounts of pigs and rabbits. During the auction two lots from one dealer were withdrawn by the auctioneer due to 'illness'. One of these lots was subsequently re-offered, probably rightly so. The other lot was a young rex type boar and he was huddled at the front and covered in fungal. We had already decided to bring him home with us. I bought him after the auction. I do begrudge having to pay for ill pigs that will need medication, but these are the pigs that desperately need help. I've had a skin infection recently. I know how painful and irritating it is. And fungal is so easy to treat. There was another pig covered in fungal, but she was lively and they tried to sell her anyway. I bought her afterwards for the same reasons. £10 for two pigs is probably more than they are worth, but they would not have been treated if they had returned home with the seller.
I bought a cage of young Himalayans. Not because they were unwanted, but because I have a soft spot for them and I didn't like the other bidder! This isn't what the rescue are here to do, this was my heart ruling my head. They can stay here is Shaz prefers, sometimes I make rash judgements and I apologise.
Some of the dealer lots didn't sell, some went for reasonable amounts. All looked healthy enough. There was a run further along of pigs, I bought three out of the four lots, two whiteish boys, two satins and two aby types. All look healthy, the two mainly white boys are very scared but in good condition.






No comments:

Post a Comment